My new book is available on Amazon here:
CHAPTER 2 (excerpt)
“And is the Emperor alive or dead?”
“Caesar Automedon himself passed away over a year ago, but a psychic simulation of his judgement, the Vexillarius, is consulted as oracle.”
“For what reason?”
“For ongoing judgement on important matters.”
Oedimon looked to Auric with an approving smile.
“What do they call the Vexillarius?”
“An industrial mirror of the Emperor’s mind.”
“Is it his soul?”
“I don’t know.”
Good. Auric thought. He shows humility.
“For how long will Automedon rule in death?”
“A dictatorial security measure before succession is allowed. The soul-storage sentinel is consulted only by Tribunus Igoras, where he sacrifices before the consuls.”
Auric interjected. “You should know too, Telesterion, that it is said at times the Emperor’s spirit-genius manifests, as an ectoplasmic cloud hovering over those assembled, and alters in colour depending on the state of his suffering or happiness in the afterlife.”
- Book Excerpt: Deimos the GladiatorBy Brendan Heard. Deimos was thrust rudely towards the ring, along with three other gladiators. Goadmasters whipped…
- Value HierarchyBy Brendan Heard. There are powers in the world and in cultural zeitgeist which determine human behaviour…
- Re-enchantment of The PriestsBy Brendan Heard and Iásonas Lupus. The lore of sacred civilization was once the propriety of our…
- Scorpio Full Moon 27th April 2021 4:31 AM G.M.TBy Holly Hazeltree. The full moon in Scorpio is one of the most potent in the lunar…
- The Speculative FutureBy AartonArt and Brendan Heard. In a future we once imagined (and do no more) people knew…
- Sacred MathematicsWith Brendan Heard and Iásonas Lupus. The odd and misunderstood consequence of the loss of religious order…
Brendan Heard appeared over the Nile one summer day, floating and shimmering as did the cosmic egg over the black water of Nu at the beginning of time. And he was heard at that time to say: Lo! I am Born with Ra.
And as the sun floated upon the water’s breast, he was with Ra then, as he was with Nu. And when Brendan, according to his desire, uttered the deep thoughts of his mind, that which he named had being. When he gazed into space, that which he desired to see appeared before him.
He went about among men; he took form like unto theirs, and to him the centuries were as years.
If you like the content of this site…
Consider donating or becoming a patron to help the expansion and proliferation of this content. Patronage comes with influence.